PlasticsEurope is one of the leading European trade associations with offices in Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan and Paris. We are networking with European and national plastics associations and have more than 100 member companies, producing over 90% of all polymers across the 27 EU member states plus Norway, Switzerland, Croatia and Turkey.
PlasticsEurope promotes the positive contributions of plastics by:
- Highlighting the material’s beneficial properties and its positive contributions to society throughout its life cycle;
- Providing society with educational information to help raise awareness and correct misconceptions;
- Liaising with European and national institutions in policy matters to secure decisions based on accurate information;
- Communicating plastics contribution to sustainable development, innovation and quality of life;
- Initiating indepth studies and sharing experiences.
The European plastics industry makes a significant contribution to the welfare in Europe by enabling innovation, creating quality of life to citizens and facilitating resource and energy efficiency as well as climate protection. More than 1.6 million people are employed in about 50.000 companies (mainly small and medium sized enterprises in the converting sector) to create a turnover of €300 billion per year. The plastics industry includes polymer producers (represented by PlasticsEurope), converters (represented by EuPC) and machine manufacturers (represented by EUROMAP).
For more information click on the following web links: