The trade fair INDIAPACK (along with Food Tech show) was organized during September 30 – October 3, 2010 at Bombay Exhibition Center, Mumbai, India has received an overwhelming response from the industry with over 12,142 trade visitors witnessing the fairs.
The event was inaugurated by Mr. Ashok Sinha, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India on September 30, 2010 with other dignitaries including Mr Keith Pearson, President, World Packaging Organization.
“MrAshok Sinha, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Food Processing Industries,Govt of India in his inaugural address outlined the importance of Food Processing sector and the packaging sector in the overall growth and development of the economy in the country. He also assured the active support and involvement of his ministry for the next editions of this show”.
“In his address Mr Keith Pearson, President,World Packaging Organization mentioned that the Indian Packaging industry has been growing in the recent past and the future also looks bright.
Indian Institute of packaging has been very actively involved in the development of packaging sector in India. The exhibition would be an ideal platform for all the packaging and related fraternity to see for them what India has to offer to the global market in these sectors”.
“Mr Sanjay Bhatia, Chairman, Indian Institute of Packaging in his keynote address mentioned the role of Institute in development of the packaging sector in the country. This event will provide an opportunity for the Indian packaging and food processing industry to not only highlight its potential but also enable it to exchange and learn from international participants present in large numbers at this event”.
Mr N C Saha, Director, Indian Institute of Packaging in his welcome address sincerely conveyed his thanks to packaging and allied sectors in India and abroad for bestowing there confidence towards the institute.
INDIAPACK 2010 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Gross Area Covered: 19,143sq. mts.
- Exhibitors: 366 (Including Intl. Foodtec & Asia Coat & Ink Show)
- International Representation: Over 25 countries worldwide
- Visitors: 12,142 Trade Visitors including 500 International visitors
- Country Pavilions: Germany, France, China, Taiwan, Sweden
- International Participation from Belgium, Denmark, Finland, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, The Netherlands, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA
- Recycling Pavilion: Initiative by IIP, Plastindia Foundation & ICPE with an objective to educate & disseminate information to the trade visitors about creating wealth from waste, Recycling Pavilion was set up to display how the plastic scrap can be converted to usable plastic and its products.
- Awards for packaging excellence, INDIASTARS were presented to host of Industries during a grand gala function.
Ecobliss’s Stall at Indiapack was the most attractive one with over 15000 footfalls in its booth. It launched host of Blister packaging opportunities useful for various user segments, practically demonstrated at the booth as well. Mr. Ron Linssen,Chairman of Ecobliss group not only was personally present at the booth but addressed various technical queries from the visitors. Incidentally he chaired one of the sessions on latest trends worldwide on packaging machinery at the International Summit for Packaging Industry.